Welcome to She Speaks Science website (hereinafter “Site”). Be advised that by accessing this Site, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- The content provided on this Site is for general education and information purposes only. This content is subject to change without notice.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and content found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- This website contains content subject to copyright. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission to use our material.
- This website may also include links to other websites and online information for your convenience only. Be advised that providing external links does in no way constitute an endorsement of these sites or content, nor are we responsible or liable for the access or use of external content.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell or share your personal information with outside third parties, except as disclosed below for necessary services and communication purposes.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, access or otherwise use our site we gather information to better inform us about our subscribers interests and demographics. Data may include: name, country and contact details.
- This data may be collected automatically, when you visit and interact with us on our website. E.g. by using cookies, web beacons and third party analytics software;
- This data may be specifically provided by you for a specific purpose. E.g. subscribing to our newsletter, registering for an event, or interacting on our website (e.g. commenting on posts).
User data and information collected will be used to perform necessary services, this includes:
- Conducting data analytics to better inform us about our subscribers interests and demographics.
- Electronically sending you our newsletter and relevant event invitations.
- Providing additional information that may be of interest to you.
- Contacting you for feedback on our services.
- Managing and responding to any request you submit through our Site.
Managing your data
You may unsubscribe at any time from our mailing list or registrations by following the unsubscribe instructions in our communications.
Digital management (cookies, web tracking)
If you are concerned about cookies you may set your browser to decline cookies. For further information visit allaboutcookies.org. Be advised that declining cookies may impact your experience on our Site.
You may also elect to activate the “Do Not Track” (DNT) setting in your web browser to restrict tracking of your online activities. See more about DNT at https://allaboutdnt.com/.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By subscribing to our newsletter, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here. We do not share any personal information that would identify you with any other third parties.
Third party sites
Security measures have been enacted to keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These include:
- Administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data to a ‘need to know’ basis;
- Technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software;
Disclaimer: The transmission of data over the internet (e.g. e-mail) is never completely secure. So although we apply appropriate measures to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
We retain data collected through this site as long as necessary for the purpose of:
- Fulfilling the relevant activity or services; or
- Any extended retention period that is required by law, regulation or professional standards.
Data protection rights
Your rights under E.U. data protection laws include the right to:
1) Request copies of your data;
2) Request correction of your data;
3) Request erasure of your data;
4) Object to us processing your data, under certain conditions;
5) Ask us to restrict the processing, under certain conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy issues, or how we are using your information, please contact us at our email email@example.com and we will respond within a reasonable period.