Welcome to Scheherazade Speaks Science. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with the following terms and conditions.
- The content of the pages is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- This website contains material subject to copyright. Please get in touch to obtain permission to use such material.
- This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or have any responsibility for their content.
We at Scheherazade Speaks Science are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information openly and transparently.
The privacy notice below explains what information we gather about you, what we use it for and who we share it with. It also sets out your rights and who you can contact for more information or queries.
We may process information about you that you provide to us when you subscribe to our newsletter or contact us. This information may include your name, country and contact details.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use this information to:
- send you our newsletter and/or event invitations
- provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you
- contact you for feedback on our services
- manage and respond to any request you submit through our Website.
When we send you information we think you might be interested in, you have the right to unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in our communications.
Your rights under data protection laws include the right to: 1) request copies of your data; 2) request correction of your data; 3) request erasure of your data; 4) object to us processing your data; and 5) ask us to restrict the processing.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By subscribing to our newsletter, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here. We will not share any personal information that would identify you with any other third parties.
THE LEGAL GROUNDS WE USE FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We rely on one or more of the following lawful grounds to process your personal data:
- you have explicitly agreed to us processing your information for a specific reason;
- the processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you;
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use a range of measures to ensure we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These include:
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data to a ‘need to know’ basis;
- technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software;
The transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. So although we use appropriate measures to try to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We seek to ensure that we only keep your personal data for the longest of:
- the period necessary for the relevant activity or services; or
- any retention period that is required by law;
RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we are using your information, exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have any questions or comments about privacy issues, you can contact us. We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time. We encourage you to review this statement periodically to remain informed about how we are protecting your information.